Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tri-color Pasta Recipe

 

This is something I made up, and has been a recurring meal that we love and is easy to toss together! I make a box of tri-color rotini pasta, and while the water's heating up and all, I dice up a red bell pepper and throw in a grill pan with some olive oil, cooking till tender. I also heat up some corn (in a steamer or grill pan). And make pesto sauce in a little pot (I get those little packets when they're on sale). Dice up chunks of fresh mozzarella and sit aside. Once pasta is drained, return to pan on low, add a bunch of fresh spinach, pour hot pesto sauce over that (it'll wilt the spinach, just stir it around), and toss in the bell pepper, corn, and mozz cheese, mixing around and topping with grated parmesan cheese. It makes 4 big sized servings, or 8 "side dish" servings. Sometimes we eat it beside rotisserie chicken, but honestly its good and filling all by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment