Monday, November 8, 2010

Butter Lettuce


I have never been a salad fan, but in recent years, especially since I started dating my now husband (who makes a killer salad), I definitely like salads better. And after discovering fresh butter lettuce, yum, salads are so much better! They have soft 'buttery' leaves, not coarse or dandelion-y :). And buying them in the small individual heads, can be around 80-90 cents each, which is great! Beats that bagged stuff by far! Fresh and cheaper! Definitely keep an eye out for it and give it a try! *Salad tip: For my salads at home, I like to add to the lettuce: cucumber, red pepper or tomato, shredded mozzarella cheese, corn (cooked and chilled - yum!), and ranch or italian. Adding a variety of things, anything you want, really adds to the fun of the salad! Think of it like an ice cream sundae, but... vegetables! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment