Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crockpot Incredibility!!

So we registered for a Crockpot last year for our wedding, and as much as I knew it was gonna be such a dinner help, I also had no personal experience using one, so I felt a bit intimidated (which I laugh at now :) and it sat & sat in the box. After seeing friends' posts on facebook about Crockpot meals a couple months ago, and got the gumption to finally attempt making a meal in mine -- I completely just guessed and tossed stuff in the Crockpot one morning before work, in a hurry and trying to just guess what would be good to add. I tossed in beef pot roast, onion, garlic, roasted red pepper, celery, seasonings, herbs, random condiments I think like worcestershire sauce and mustard, and i think about 4 cups of water. I turned the timer on 8.5 hours (yes ours has a digital timer which is awesome!) and I came home from work, made some egg noodles, pulled the roast out of the crockpot to cut, and turned the crockpot on high, adding some flour and whisking to make a gravy, which happened super fast and was so easy - topped noodles with beef & gravy, and on my gosh, it was soo good!! My hubby said "good dinner babe!!" And I was totally like "It wasn't me!!! I did nothing!! This is awesome!!" :) And it fed us a couple more meals too, how nice!! Since then, I realize I can just guess every time and its all good!! :) This is definitely a cure for wifely dinner planning anxiety, let me tell you!! :)

1 comment:

  1. forgot to say (just added) that i also poured like 4 cups of water in crockpot!!

    ReplyDelete