Thursday, July 28, 2011

Greek Yogurt as a substitute! - Safeway


So I just buy any Greek yogurt that's cheapest or on sale, I'm not particular about brands. I have recently learned that Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream and mayonnaise, and have begun using it in things, and wow, its much healthier and you can't tell a difference! The tangyness and consistency is great, it can be blended in with lots of things!! So just this summer I began buying this yogurt for smoothies. Then, because I had it around, and was learning all about it from Rocco on TV :), I have now used it in a mayo/dijon dipping sauce for homemade fries (dijon mustard, a little mayo, yogurt, seasonings; blend), which was great. And in tuna salad (just used a little mayo to flavor it, and seasonings like usual), which was great as well! And as I had facebooked, my husband used it in mashed potatoes when we were out of sour cream, but accidentally used Vanilla flavored -- was weird; it was edible but not recommended. :) So make sure you buy PLAIN for all these!! I'm gonna try it in chicken salad, pasta salad & spinach dip next!! Give it a whirl!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment